Nano 2016 kick starts tomorrow and I am in a panic.
I feel that all the prep I have done is rubbish and not enough to get me passed Chapter 3! – if you have read some of my previous writing posts, you will know that chapter 3 is my nemesis.
What’s there to panic about I hear you ask ?
- I thought I had created beats for the story but having made the mistake to read some other ‘book for writers’, I am now thinking a) they are shit and b) they are not real beats.
- My characters don’t really have internal conflicts or interesting external conflicts except for ‘this is where demons attack’
- I don’t have a fleshed out uber villain
- I think I have given myself too many characters to worry about, although I am planning to make this a series so I don’t really need to evolve them too much.
- I don’t have high stakes or rising stakes…
All I can think about right now is to go around in circle, shouting ‘gahhhhh’ whilst pulling my hair! And I haven’t even started yet.
I can’t decide if I should be a planner or pantser and I can’t seem to do the work how it should be done in between. I keep changing my mind and indecision is killing me (not literally of course).
Part of me wants to go ‘sod it, why am I doing this to myself, just give it up’ and another part wants to bitch slap that defeatist approach…
I really, really want to write a novel. Even if it’s a short one and as usual, I am my own worst enemy.